At CCC, we believe strongly in both private and corporate prayer. We encourage a strong private prayer life through biblical teaching from the pulpit. (Mt. 6:5-14) We also attempt to have corporate prayer times when believers are encouraged to pray and intercede for the families, communities, churches, and nation.
Pastor Greg has served as the lead pastor and organizer of the National Day of Prayer each May in downtown Willoughby during the noon time hour. This is a national event that is hosted throughout many cities and all states of the union.
Intercessory Prayer is held every Sunday morning at 9:30 AM and every 2nd and 4th Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM.
Christ Community Church has broadened its Intercession Ministry by including, “Watches through the Night”. This is a special time of fasting and prayer which is held on Friday evening of each month. It begins at 6:00 PM and ends at midnight.
There are 3 “Watches through the Night”:
- First Watch: 6 PM to 8 PM;
- Second Watch: 8 PM to 10 PM;
- Third Watch: 10 PM to Midnight.
You are invited to participate in this ministry at one or more of these “watches” or even for just a portion of one. Come join us as we go before the throne of God to pray for the needs of our families, friends, communities, churches, and nation.
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night that I may meditate on your promises”. Psalm 119:148
Why We Believe In Prayer
“It is written, My house shall be called a “house of prayer.” – Jesus (Mt.21:13)
- Jesus, the Son of God, found time to be alone with the Father and pray.
- The church was birthed through prayer at Pentecost.
- Throughout church history, no true revival was ever birthed without prayer.
In such desperate times as these, we can’t afford not to pray. When we are faithful to pray, the Lord responds as we cry out to Him.
- Draws us closer to our Father’s heart.
- Invites the Holy Spirit to change our hearts and our lives.
- Makes us fine-tuned to hear our Savior’s voice and obey Him.
- Births repentance and revival.
The prayers of believers in Jesus Christ are described as golden bowls of incense before Him in heaven. (Rev. 5:8)
Please join us as we call upon the Name of the Lord and intercede for the church and for those who are lost.
“Pray without ceasing…” 1 Thess. 5:17
Prayer Ministry Director: Betty Turnage